House of Style is an MTV show that premiered in May 1989, focusing on America's growing fascination with the "supermodel" craze. The show focused on fashion, lives of models, the modeling industry, and topics such as eating disorders.
The show was produced by Edward Christiansen and directed by Joshua Homnick and Steve Paley and during its eleven-year run, featured a variety of hosts, most of whom were professional models, including original host Cindy Crawford, as well as Rebecca Romijn and Molly Sims, whom the show helped make into household names. Following Crawford's six-year run, MTV cut the number of episodes ordered for each year after her departure until the show was reduced to a yearly special and then ultimately canceled in 2000.
Other hosts of House of Style included: Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow, and Daisy Fuentes, while ex-Germs/Nirvana/Foo Fighters guitarist Pat Smear was featured in regular segments during Crawford's years as host.
The show was revived for one episode on March 21, 2009, with Bar Refaeli as the host and Chanel Iman as a correspondent. The show returned to MTV.com as a web series on August 7, 2014, with rapper and model Iggy Azalea as the host
- Season 2, Episode 8
- Host Iggy Azalea talks about the impact of music and fashion in the NBA with Dennis Rodman, Nick Young and more. Plus Rita Ora gives us a look at what game day style means to her.
- Season 2, Episode 7
- House of Style Special Correspondent Rita Ora chats with Kelly Rowland about her red carpet routine, her favorite looks through the years, and more.
- Season 2, Episode 6
- Ciara has always excelled at blending fashion and function with her onstage outfits. In this episode of House Of Style, CiCi gives an inside look a how her team keeps her looking...
- Season 2, Episode 5
- Rita Ora gets a lesson in fashion from Zendayas closet, then hits the racks with Sarah Hyland at one of her favorite shops, Planet Blue.
- Season 2, Episode 4
- In this two segment episode, Tresemme hair stylist John D shows how to get a few of Rita Ora and Iggy Azaleas red carpet signatures. Plus, Rita and her hair stylist Chris...
- Season 2, Episode 3
- Host Iggy Azalea sits down with Jennifer Lopez to chat about her favorite Versace outfits of all-time, from her tour outfits to music video looks and of course, that Grammys dress.
- Season 2, Episode 2
- House Of Style follows host Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora behind the scenes of their "Black Widow" music video, from martial arts training to wardrobe fittings and more.
- Season 2, Episode 1
- Host Iggy Azalea meets up with Moschino creative director Jeremy Scott to raid some of L.A.s best vintage designer shops.